It’s a bit rainy out but here’s Mojo Jones to brighten your day. Curl up with a cuppa or continue relaxing on sofa and meet the queen of Nerdlesque …
1. Lets get straight to it, Star Wars or Star Trek?
I adore both, though I am a humongous trekkie and if I could only watch one forever it would be Trek.
2. What was your inspiration for your may the fourth routine?
One particular scene in The Last Jedi.
3. Do you believe in alien life?
I want to believe
4.Your fav star wars character and why?
Princess Leia. Seeing a badass, snarky, female character with agency meant the world to me as a child. You can put her in chains but damn right she’s going to use those chains to choke you to death with.
5.What do you enjoy about themed cabaret/burlesque nights?
I love being creative with a brief. I consider myself a lid thinker. I’m not quite out of the box but i like to come up with unusual ideas.
6. Fav star wars film
A New Hope. It’s the one that made me fall in love with the films. I still remember vividly seeing Luke gazing at those two suns for the first time and just freaking out at it.
7. Talk us through your costume, did you make it, buy it? if you made it how easy was it/what were the challenges? What inspired you to use this costume.
This is one of the rare occasions my costume is mostly bought. Time was not in my favour! It’s adapted for the act. My latex underwear and pasties are all my own work though.
8.Would you have crawled in your dead tauntauns belly?
I wanted to do an act based on this once, but I feared the audience reaction to it would only be lukewarm.
9. If you could perform at another themed night, what would you like it to be?
Labyrinth! I relate very closely to the worm for I too try to solve everyone’s problems by offering them tea. I have had a design for a worm costume for about 5 years
10. Without giving too much away what can we expect from your act?
Only very, very serious Jedi business. Though waiting alone on an island for years can do funny things to a person
We can’t wait to see Mojo Jones’ act on Friday May The Fourth! Book your tickets via: