Ladies and gents, we have a royal in the house! We are so grateful to Her Majesty (Ginger Cupcake to her friends) for finding time in her busy, busy schedule to answer a few of our most pressing questions. You can catch her at the next Luscious Cabaret at The Albany on Saturday, December 10th – just make sure to have practiced those curtsies beforehand!
1. What does a typical working week look like for you?
Busy juggling day job, making costumes, going to watch shows and performing at weekends!
2. Do you have any special tricks or routines to get yourself “in the zone” before a show?
I pull lots of faces backstage to get into character before I go on!
3. What is your go-to Christmas movie?
All of them! I love Christmas movies, especially the really cheesy made for TV ones! My favourite though is probably Miracle on 34th Street!
4. What are your favourite things to do when you’re not on stage?
Travelling, reading trashy thrillers, crafting and walking in Richmond Park.
5. Tell us about your proudest moment as a performer.
I recently got asked to perform at the wedding of my burly bestie and I created an act especially for her and her new hubbie! It was quite emotional performing on someone’s big day, when I was rehearsing I kept crying but the adrenaline got me through on the big day!
6. Which three people, dead or alive, would you most like at the top of your Christmas party guestlist?
Britney, Dr Christian Troy (from Nip/Tuck! I’ve been watching re-runs!) and Luther!
7. Give us a tease for what we can expect from your act on the 10th of December!
I will be bringing one of my favourite characters but she will be getting a special Christmas makeover!
8. Have you been naughty or nice this year?